Installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal
computers, peripheral components, LAN/WAN networks, servers, and software
systems in the field. Provides technical
advice and support to system users in the field. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic
programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution on site.
Duties and responsibilities
- Orders, stages
and installs IT hardware and software in the field as needed to satisfy user
requirements and meet project deadlines.
- Performs minor repairs, modifications and scheduled maintenance to desktops, laptops, peripheral components, monitors, keyboards, printers, disc drives, and servers in the field.
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet user requirements.
- Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end users.
- Coordinates activities with customer IT Staff and access help desk
resources when necessary.
- Update customers and dispatch on progress or status as needed.
- Connect users to networks and provide initial training in applications, provide
advice and demonstrate use of software and hardware to end-users.
- Administer email and antivirus systems.
- Perform backups.
- Perform occasional other tasks when requested to do so by the Service Manager.
- Identify and communicate sales opportunities that result from field service calls.
- Escalate problems to higher resource for resolution when appropriate.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Modify and repair computer hardware and software.
- Clean up computers, servers and other hardware.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Configure computers and servers for installation in the field.
Help Desk Support.
- Provide backup to the Help Desk Technician and perform the Help Desk role when needed.
- Contribute to knowledge base and create/edit configurations.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as it occurs.
- Responsible for the routine maintenance and cleaning of assigned company vehicle.
- Responsible for the posting and replenishment of vehicle stock and tooling.
- Track time and enter into the ConnectWise Ticketing System.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirements.
- High school diploma or GED Required.
- Associate Degree in Information Technology or at least two years of experience in an IT support role.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Requirements.
To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Advanced computer and operating system knowledge.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Prepare and keep up to date any technical documentation as requested.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- A clean driving record.
- Must be able to prioritize and efficiently plan work activities.
- Minimum of one year of experience in the role of an IT Specialist or Help Desk technician.
- Experience with ConnectWise software preferred.
While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is primarily exposed to an office environment
with occasional warehouse visits and outside work. This position requires
reporting to work at the 3C location on 2786
Walcutt Rd. Hilliard OH 43026. The hours for this position are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through
Friday. Occasional overtime may be
required. Hours may change depending
upon the needs of our customers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; sit; handle or feel objects, type, reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The reading of printed materials and computer screens is required. Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a routine basis and 50 pounds infrequently.
Sorry, we're currently not filling any other positions.